- Are you a bilingual who is fluent in English and a paired language?
- Can you bridge cultural communication?
- Do you enjoy working in a flexible schedule?
- Are you passionate about serving the Limited English Proficient community?
- Do you want to make a positive difference in people’s life?
If you answered YES to all of these, you may be the candidates we are looking for!
Currently, Language Resource Center is seeking INTERPRETERS to fill various full-time, part-time and independent contractor positions for ALL languages, with particularly high need for the following:
Raleigh-Durham Region: Spanish, Arabic, Vietnamese Charlotte Region: Spanish, ASL, Chinese-Cantonese, Vietnamese, Creole Greensboro Region: ASL, Vietnamese, Arabic Manassas VA: Hindi, Vietnamese, Korean, Urdu
- 18+ Years of age / Eligible to work in U.S.
- Fluency in English and other language
- Highly skilled in the cultural dynamics (cultural implication and idiomatic expression) of both languages
- Ability to concentrate, to stay detached from the conversation, and remain neutral and objective at all times
- Education in languages/translation/interpretation or related fields preferred, but not required
- Desire to further education and professional development in the field of language services
Interpreter position requires providing interpretation services to non English-speaking consumers/clients in a wide range of settings, including Health Care, School System, Social Service, Mental Health, Legal Services, etc.
We offer competitive pay and attractive benefits. All positions are flexible.
Apply, and join us in making a positive difference in the world by giving people a voice.
(Language Resource Center, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status).